Home' Magnetic Informer Visitors Guide : Magnetic Island Informer Guide 2015 Contents 23
Collect your swim cards at • Fish’ N Fuel’n • Pleasure Divers • Aquasearch
• MI Post Office • Topless Cars • Foodworks • Arcadia Newsagency
Self- guided snorkel trails in Nelly and Geoffrey Bays.
Surface floats with handles mark these fascinating underwater trails, with
special points of interest designated by sub-surface acrylic letters so you
don’t miss a thing. Pick up a handy swim card for a small donation of $5
and learn about a variety of fish species, 100kg aquacultured giant clams
and historic ship wrecks along the way..
MAGNETIC ISLAND SNORKEL TRAILS
< surface floats
To Picnic Bay
To Geoffery &
To Nelly Bay
To Horseshoe Bay
of surface floats
Magnetic Island’s Self Guided
Photos courtesy of Andrew Rankin Photography, Maryanne Law Photography, Claudia Gaber Photography and Townsville Enterprise Limited
Ferry and car barge offer multiple services daily
Only 25 mins from Townsville
Swim Cards for each trail
outline what you’re likely to
see at each location.
Your $5 donation for these
cards supports the ongoing
costs of insurance and
maintenance of the trails.
Cards can be recycled after
use by leaving them in the
drop box at the start of each
trail. Enjoy your adventure!
Pick up your handy Swim Card
before you start your trail.
Swim cards are available from:
1. Base Backpackers 1 Nelly Bay Road, Nelly Bay.
2. Aquasearch Aquarium 6-10 Elena Street, Nelly Bay.
3. Fish’n N Fuel’n 36 Mandalay Avenue, Nelly Bay.
4. Island Palms 13 The Esplanade, Nelly Bay.
5. MI Post Office 98 Sooning Street, Nelly Bay.
6. Pleasure Divers 10 Marine Parade, Arcadia.
7. Arcadia Newsagency 7 Marine Parade, Arcadia.
8. Arcadia Store 5 Bright Avenue, Arcadia.
9. Bungalow Bay 40 Horseshoe Bay Road, Horseshoe Bay.
10. Foodworks 7 Pacific Drive, Horseshoe Bay.
11. MIArts Space The Esplandade, Picnic Bay.
TOP 10 KIDS ACTIVITIES
1. Try your luck and wet a line
off the Picnic Bay jetty
2. Forge a trail on horseback,
3. Get your photo taken cuddling
a koala or baby crocodile
4. Discover giant clams at
5. Charter a boat and spot a
green sea turtle
6. Hire a cart for a nine hole
round of golf
7. Double up on a jet ski,
sea kayak or tube ride
8. Meet some local kids at the
weekly night markets
9. Be the first in your family to
spot a koala in the wild
10. Playground hop from bay
to bay with a picnic hamper
On holiday with the kids? Keep them entertained with
one of the following top 10 activities for children.
HURST ST, PICNIC BAY
T (07) 4778 5188
A golfing oasis at Magnetic
Island Country Club.
All social golfers are welcome
plus there are a number of fun
events and competitions in
which you can participate.
Great course for families with
readily available playing times.
• Motor Buggies • Hire Clubs
• Fully Licensed Clubhouse
• Corporate Days • Weekly Events
Open Daily from 8am MAP 4 D2
BLUE ACID TRIKE & HARLEY TOURS
THE HOME OF BIG RED
T 0457 150 597
Jump aboard ‘Big Red’ for the trip of your life. You are guaranteed to make
a statement second to none as you sit back, relax & cruise around the Island.
Tours • Joy Rides • Weddings • Special Occasions • Create your own Tour
You only live once and this is an experience not to be missed!
Call us now to reserve your seat
THE GOLF LOUNGE
2/60 KELLY STREET, NELLY BAY
T 0477 885 909
Great experience for all golf enthusiasts. State of the art full swing
simulator with stunning realism and accurate ball tracking.
• Play 25 courses from around the world • Airconditioned for comfort
• Family & group packages • Use your own clubs and balls or those provided
• Multi-purpose screens • Available for Hire – catering optional
OPEN DAILY – PRACTICE • LEARN • PLAY
G LFL UNGE
Virtual Golf Simulator
Indoor Driving Range
THE ACTIVE CENTRE
T 0408 844 895
• Fitness Classes • Gymnastics
• Mums and Bubs classes • Dance
• Boxercise • Aerobics
Studio Available for Hire
Links Archive Magnetic Island Informer Guide 2016 Magnetic Island Informer Guide 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page